DIM Supplements are compounds found in cruciferous vegetables. It works best for prevention of breast, uterine and colon cancer and keeping Pre-menstrual and menopause symptoms at check.
The estrogen levels are responsible for a lot of actions in the body. The DIM supplement is a compound naturally found in some plants and can control over the estrogen levels. It acts as a precaution to various problems that lower and higher estrogen levels can cause in the body.
What is a DIM supplement? How does it work?
The DIM supplement is a powerful compound that regulates the level of estrogen in the body. Estrogen is an important hormone found for human growth and sexual differences. It secreted directly or converted from testosterone. During the pre-menstrual phase when the estrogen reaches a higher than the progesterone, then estrogen content is referred to as Oestrogen dominance. It has symptoms like acne, fatigue, overweight, etc. Diindolylmethane regulates the estrogen content and reduces the Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS) and menopause symptoms. It prevents some major cancer-causing situations that depend on estrogen content like breast cancer, urinates cancer, prostate cancer, and colorectal cancer.
Where to Find Diindolylmethane
DIM supplement that goes by the chemical name of diindolylmethane is found in micro quantities in cruciferous vegetables like cabbage, Brussels sprouts, and broccoli. They, however, are found in an alternate form of indole-3-carbinol. Once they are consumed, it goes through the digestion process and converted into DIM supplement organically in the stomach. This compound is now found directly in tablets of its own and with combinations of other compounds too.
Benefits of DIM Supplement
Benefits are a lot to name, a few proved with research and other proved theoretically but in the research phase yet.
- Anti-cancer Properties: Diindolylmethane can prevent and stop certain cancers from developing by its control over estrogen It is used a food supplement, mainly for women in forties to keep away from breast cancer. It also prevents prostate cancer and BPH.
- Estrogen Balance: Many factors to maintain healthy estrogen content in the body. There is good and bad estrogen and then there are natural and converted estrogen. The DIM supplement restricts converted estrogen and keeps the whole content at required levels.
- Weight Loss: Lipolysis is the compound that is responsible for fat burning in the body. DIM supplement increases the Lipolysis content that means better metabolism and quicker weight loss.
- Excessive Testosterone Control: Testosterone is naturally high in women and leads to breast growth and other allied changes in the form of estrogen during PMS. However, when men get additional testosterone due to workout or any other reason, diindolylmethane supplements it and control the excessive conversion into estrogen preventing abnormal breast growth for men and similar symptoms.
- Menopause Symptoms: It is the opposite of PMS during menopause. The estrogen levels get the lowest. The DIM supplement is not capable of estrogen supply, but they help metabolize estrogen and keep it required levels.
Diindolylmethane Precautions and Warnings
Like any hormonal balancer or influencer, DIM is also restricted during pregnancy and breastfeeding phases. Though there are theoretical benefits for breast, uterine and ovarian cancer patients, experts do not recommend patients to take DIM supplements unless prescribed by the doctor. DIM supplement if consumed organically in huge quantities from cruciferous vegetable comes with thyroid inducing compound, which might worsen the thyroid-affected people. Other drawbacks include dark urine, brain fog, and excessive breast growth for younger women.
DIM is a very beneficial and powerful compound used for various major threats in the human body. However, the catch is the uncertainty of its effect and lack of enough research that makes it usable for only a small niche of medical conditions.